Admission Procedure 2016
Admission to M.Sc. Program in Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (PMBB) involves:
- a written entrance examination
- followed by an interview.
Candidates are called for interview based on performance in written examination and the final selection is based on the combined performance in written exam and the interview. A total of 12 students are selected from general and reserved categories (reservation as per University rules).
For the 2016 session, applications can be submitted through the DU PG Admission Portal from April 28 to May 30.
THE WRITTEN TEST
The written test comprises of multiple-choice questions relating to:
- biological sciences taught at undergraduate level,
- basic knowledge of physical and chemical sciences
- data interpretation and
- general awareness.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
The course is open to career-minded students with consistently good academic record and an aptitude for plant molecular biology. The following points should be kept in mind by all candidates:
- A student seeking admission to this course must have passed bachelor in biological, chemical or physical sciences with at least 60% marks in the main subject (in case of Hons. Courses) or in aggregate (for other courses).
- The candidates must also have completed the 10+2+3 years of formal education.
- Candidates whose results have not been declared but are expecting to pass in the first division can also appear in the entrance test.
- Appropriate relaxation for candidates belonging to reserved category is applicable as per the university norms.
- There is no provision of paying T.A. and D.A. to appear in the written examination or interview.