M.Sc. PMBB ADMISSIONS 2013-14
Admission to the Master of Science in Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (PMBB) involves a written entrance examination followed by an interview. Candidates are called for interview based on performance in written examination and the final selection is based on the combined performance in written exam and the interview.
A total of 12 students are selected from general and reserved categories (Reservation as per University rules) for admission to the M.Sc. course in PMBB. Applications for this Post Graduate Program are invited through advertisement in major national newspapers in April/May every year.
THE WRITTEN TEST
The written test comprises of multiple-choice questions relating to
- biological sciences taught at undergraduate level,
- basic knowledge of physical and chemical sciences
- data interpretation and
- general awareness.
All admissions are made in the order of merit in each category, which is based on the total marks secured in the written test (maximum marks, 75) and the interview (Maximum marks, 25).
June 1, 2013: ONLINE registration process BEGINS
June 15, 2013: Last date for Submission of Application form
June 25, 2013: Admit cards for all valid application forms will be dispatched (By E-mail) by this date. Others should contact the DPMB office
July 1, 2013: Entrance Examination (Venue: Arts Faculty Building, Univ. of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi 110021)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
The course is open to career-minded students with consistently good academic record and an aptitude for plant molecular biology. The following points should be kept in mind by all candidates:
- A student seeking admission to this course must have passed Bachelor in Biological, Chemical or Physical Sciences with at least 60% marks in the main subject (in case of Hons. courses) or in aggregate (for other courses).
- The candidates must also have completed the 10+2+3 years of formal education.
- Candidates whose results have not been declared but are expecting to pass in the first division can also appear in the entrance test.
- Appropriate relaxation for candidates belonging to reserved category is applicable as per the University norms.
- There is no provision of paying T.A. and D.A. to appear in the written examination or interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Important: You would need the following to complete the online submission process
- Upload a digital/scanned copy of your recent photograph (250 px X 300 px OR 3.5cm X 4 cm in jpg format; maximum file size 300 KB)
- The particulars of the bank draft (as specified in the section below)
- The printed version of the online submitted form along with
- bank draft of appropriate examination fee, and
- a certificate from appropriate authorities for reserved categories
be delivered to the address mentioned below (by hand or by post) for issuance of ADMIT CARD
In case you do not have access to computer and scanner, an online form submission facility has been created in room no. 305, Department of Plant Molecular Biology where applicant can take their digital photographs and submit the Application form. To avail this facility
- The applicant himself/herself would have to come to the department
- Along with a bank draft of appropriate examination fees (see below)
- reserved category candidates should come with a hard copy of the certificate from appropriate authorities
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FEE:
Deliver the following documents by post/hand to the office of the Head of the Department, Department of Plant Molecular Biology, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi 110021.