Admission Procedure - Ph.D. 2016
The Department of Plant Molecular Biology, UDSC invites applications for Full Time Ph.D. programme for the academic year 2016-17.
A total of 12 seats are available in the areas of:
- Functional Genomics
- Gene regulatory networks
- Molecular Basis of Plant Reproduction and yield
- Post harvest biotechnology
- Abiotic stress biology (Heat stress, role of small RNAs, signal transduction during stress)
- Plant Virology
- Database curation and Networking
The Department/University reserves the right to change the number of seats or not to award any Ph.D. position.
Eligibility:The candidate should have a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent CGPA score) in M.Sc. /M.Phil. /M.Tech. in Plant Sciences /Biological Sciences /Biotechnology /Bioinformatics or other Allied Sciences from a recognized university/institute with an aptitude for Plant Molecular Biology. 5% relaxation will be permitted for OBC/SC/ST and Persons with disability.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of an Entrance Test comprising of a Written Test and an Interview.
- Written Test will be for 120 minutes duration and will be based on Multiple Choice Questions.
- Candidates holding a (i) valid national level research fellowship, (ii) research position in current research projects of the Department of Plant Molecular Biology, UDSC or (iii) awarded lectureship in the CSIR-UGC NET (or equivalent examination) are exempted from written test, but will be required to appear for the interview for selection. For details, see Ordinance VI-B of the University of Delhi.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be short-listed for the interview. The list of short-listed candidates will be valid till the next written test for Ph.D. admissions.
- Admission of the candidates for Ph.D. programme is based on their suitability to specific specializations and also subject to fulfilling all other conditions laid down in Ordinance VI-B of the University of Delhi.
- Candidates who do not have any fellowship may be provided Non-NET UGC fellowship based on its availability and only if the candidate is finally selected for the Ph.D. program.
- The syllabus for the written test is available on the website of the department (http://dpmb.ac.in)
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test and interview.
- The candidates must carry a valid ID for the written test as well as the interview.
All announcements will be made on the DU Ph.D. Admission Portal. Candidates are requested to regularly check the website for updates.
Note: Department reserves the right not to fill up the vacant seats of Ph.D program in case of non-availability of suitable candidate. The admission is also subject to fulfilling all other conditions laid down in Ordinance VI-B of the University of Delhi.